How do I insert a dropdown list in Excel 2007?
Click the “Settings” tab and then click “List” from the “Allow” drop-down list box. Click the toggle button at the end of the “Source” box. Select the list of items you want to have in your drop-down box. If you created a range name, in the “Source” box, type an equal sign and then type the name of the range.
How do I create a drop-down list in Excel 2007 with color?
Select Specific Text option and select the cell for colour as in this case Red. Select Format > Fill option. Select the Red colour and click OK. Repeat the process for all the options like Green and Blue and your list will be shown like in below snapshot.
How do I create a pulldown list in Excel?
Create a drop-down list
- Select the cells that you want to contain the lists.
- On the ribbon, click DATA > Data Validation.
- In the dialog, set Allow to List.
- Click in Source, type the text or numbers (separated by commas, for a comma-delimited list) that you want in your drop-down list, and click OK.
How do I create a drop-down list in Excel 2008?
Create a Drop Down List in Excel: Simple Method
- Select the cell or cells where you want to create your list.
- Select Data from the menu, and select Data Validation on the ribbon.
- This will open a Data Validation window.
- This allows you to type the items you want in your list manually.
- Select OK.
How do I select multiple names in a drop-down list?
Go to Data –> Data Tools –> Data Validation. In the Data Validation dialogue box, within the settings tab, select ‘List’ as Validation Criteria. In Source field, select the cells which have the items that you want in the drop down. Click OK.
Can you create a multi select List in Excel?
To select multiple items, we need to use the VBA code. Open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window (press ALT + F11 to open it). Now double click on the worksheet name or number where you want to select multiple items within the drop-down list. You will find the code window for that particular sheet.
How do you create a drop-down list in Data Validation?
Select the cell in the worksheet where you want the drop-down list. Go to the Data tab on the Ribbon, then click Data Validation. On the Settings tab, in the Allow box, click List. If it’s OK for people to leave the cell empty, check the Ignore blank box.