How do I move columns to rows in Excel?
Hold down OPTION and drag the rows or columns to another location. Hold down SHIFT and drag your row or column between existing rows or columns. Excel makes space for the new row or column.
How do I move multiple columns to rows in Excel?
Highlight all of the columns that you want to unpivot into rows, then click on Unpivot Columns just above your data. Once you’ve clicked on Unpivot Columns, Excel will transform your columnar data into rows. Each row is a record of its own, ready to throw into a Pivot Table or work with in your datasheet.
Can we convert column to row in Excel?
Choose the option “Transpose,” as shown below. It will convert the Column to Rows and will show the data as we want.
How do I drag columns in Excel?
How to Move Columns in Excel
- In the worksheet where you want to rearrange columns, place your cursor over the top of the column you want to move.
- Next, press and hold the Shift key on the keyboard and then click and hold on the right or left border of the column you want to move and drag it to the right or left.
Can you swap columns in Excel?
Move the mouse to the right edge of the column until your cursor changes to four arrows pointing in all directions. Left click on the edge of the column and hold the Shift key. Drag the column to the one you want to swap it with. You should see a ‘|’ line indicating where the next column will be inserted.
How do I move a group of rows in Excel?
Hold down the Shift key, and then click on the bottom row number to highlight all of the rows in between. Click and drag the row number of one of the highlighted cells to move them all to a new location.
How do I transpose one column into multiple rows?
How to transpose / convert a single column to multiple columns in Excel?
- In a blank cell C1, please enter this formula:=OFFSET($A$1,COLUMNS($A1:A1)-1+(ROWS($1:1)-1)*5,0), and then drag the fill handle from C1 to G1, see screenshot:
- Then go on dragging the fill handle down to the range as far as you need.
How do I convert columns to rows in Excel 2010?
Click the down arrow below the Paste command button on the Home tab. A menu of options appears. Choose Transpose, and then press Esc to cancel the marquee. Excel copies the selected cells into the new area, transposing rows into columns or columns into rows.
How do I move columns in Excel?
Move Columns in Excel
- Select the column (or contiguous columns) that you want to move.
- Hold the Shift Key from your keyboard.
- Move your cursor to the edge of the selection.
- Click on the edge (with left mouse button) while still holding the shift key.
- Move it to the column where you want this row to be shifted.
Can you move columns in Excel?
Press and hold the Shift key, and then drag the column to a new location. You will see a faint “I” bar along the entire length of the column and a box indicating where the new column will be moved. That’s it! Release the mouse button, then leave the Shift key and find the column moved to a new position.