What can you do with old kids toys?
Here’s Where to Donate Toys to Kids Who Need Them Most
- Charities. There are so many charities that will accept gently used toys and distribute them throughout their networks.
- Buy Nothing Groups.
- Children’s Homes and Shelters.
- Daycare Centers.
- Police and Fire Departments.
- Recycling Programs.
How do I get rid of old baby toys?
7 Ways to Get Rid of Old Toys
- Throw away the stuff that is broken.
- Donate toys in good condition to a worthy place, or give them to someone with younger children.
- Get the kids out of the house.
- Have a one-in, one-out rule.
- Have a toy sale.
- Think local.
- Pick a number.
How can I get my child to donate toys?
How Can I Get My Kids to Donate Old Toys?
- Ask for input. Ask where they’d like to see their playthings donated and why.
- Set a target. Make it fun by turning it into a game.
- Reward them for their efforts. Offer plenty of acknowledgement, praise, and hugs when they agree to pass along some of their items.
What can you do to reuse broken toys and parts?
How to Recycle & Upcycle Old or Broken Toys
- Upcycle. I know, this word is so overused.
- Sell. Kids break stuff!
- Freecycle or Craigslist. Check out your local Craigslist and/or Freecycle for posting requirements and then set up an ad/send out an email for whatever you’re trying to clean out.
How do I know what toys to donate?
Think age appropriate
- Go through your play room and sort unused toys into piles by age.
- If you will not be having other children, donate the younger ages to another family or charity.
- If you do think you may have more kids, then simply store the toys from each age group separately and out of reach.