What does a John Deere mulching kit do?
The John Deere One-Touch Mulch Control Kit allows you to go from mulching to side-discharge with one adjustment so you can mow each area of your lawn without interruption. This allows you to keep clippings out of your driveway or flower bed.
Can you add a mulcher to a lawn mower?
The vast majority of mowers will accept mulching blades, but not all of them. In order for a mulching blade to work with your current mower, it must be able to fit under the deck comfortably and be tightened securely. With many makes and models, this is easy to do.
How do you attach a mulcher to a riding lawn mower?
How Do I Install A Mulch Kit On My Riding Mower?
- Step 1: Remove the cutting deck.
- Step 2: Flip the deck over.
- Step 3: Secure the old blades.
- Step 4: Remove the old blades.
- Step 5: Attach new blades.
- Step 6: Flip the deck back over.
- Step 7: Install the mulch plug.
- Step 8: Reattach the deck to your mower.
What does a mulching cover do?
Using a mulch kit helps produce finer grass clippings that drop to your yard for quicker decomposition. This returns nutrients back to the ground and can help reduce the amount of watering required. It also eliminates the need to rake or to stop mowing to empty bags.
How do you mow with mulching blades?
How to Cut a Lawn With a Mulch Blade
- Start at the top left corner of the lawn, and move down toward the bottom left corner.
- Mow the second row of lawn the same way as the first, mowing another outline inside the outer ring.
- Continue mowing in concentric circles or rectangles until you reach the center of the lawn.
Can you bag with a mulching blade?
Mulching blades, also known as 3-in-1 blades, can be used to bag, discharge, or mulch grass clippings. Mulching blades feature more curves and an increased cutting edge.
How should mulching blades be installed?
1. Look at both sides of the mulching blade. Most blades have the word “bottom” stamped on them, or they have a model number imprinted onto the underside. Whether a word or a number, that side of the mulching blade must face the ground after it is installed and the mower is standing upright.