What is Microsoft iSCSI initiator configuration tool?
Microsoft iSCSI Initiator is a tool that connects external iSCSI-based storage to host computers with an Ethernet network adapter. The iSCSI Initiator is used in Windows Server 2008 R2 and in Windows Server 2012.
How do I add an iSCSI connection?
Click Microsoft iSCSI Initiator to open the iSCSI Initiator Details page. Click the Settings tab. In the iSNS Servers area, enter the IP address of the iSNS server and click Add Server. The new iSNS server will appear in the list of iSNS servers.
How do I connect Windows to iSCSI?
Connect the iSCSI target on Windows
- Launch the iSCSI initiator at Control Panel > Tools.
- On the iSCSI Initiator Properties page, click Discovery.
- Enter the IP address of the NAS and then click OK.
- Click Targets and then select the available iSCSI targets that you want to connect.
- Click Connect.
- Click OK.
How do I find the iSCSI initiator name in Windows?
type in “iSCSI” in the “Search program and files” text box, select the “iSCSI Initiator” option, a window will open called “iSCSI Initiator Properties”, in the “Configuration” tab you will find the iQN code under “Initiator Name:”.
How do I reset my iSCSI initiator?
Resetting the cached iSCSI initiator configuration information
- Start the configuration utility if it is not already running.
- Highlight Configuration Settings using the up or down arrow keys and press Enter.
- Highlight Clear persistent targets using the up or down arrow keys and press Enter.
What is iSCSI configuration?
ISCSI works by transporting block-level data between an iSCSI initiator on a server and an iSCSI target on a storage device. The iSCSI protocol encapsulates SCSI commands and assembles the data in packets for the TCP/IP layer. Packets are sent over the network using a point-to-point connection.
What is iSCSI storage how it is configured?
In the first example of iSCSI storage configuration, the ESX Server system uses the hardware iSCSI initiator. This specialized iSCSI initiator sends iSCSI packets to a disk over a LAN. In the second example, the ESX Server system is configured with the software iSCSI initiator.