Can we drop a table with foreign key?
In SQL Server, you cannot drop a table if it is referenced by a FOREIGN KEY constraint. You have to either drop the child tables before removing the parent table, or remove foreign key constraints.
How do you delete a table with a foreign key constraint?
To delete a foreign key constraint
- In Object Explorer, expand the table with the constraint and then expand Keys.
- Right-click the constraint and then click Delete.
- In the Delete Object dialog box, click OK.
How do I delete a mysql table that has a foreign key constraint?
In TablePlus, you can remove Foreign Key Constraint on a column from the Table Structure view: Open the table structure view (⌘ + ^ + ]) Click on the foreign_key field and select to open the current foreign relationship. From the popup, click on DELETE .
How do you drop a table referenced by a foreign key constraint in SQL Server?
State’ — Drop the foreign key constraint by its name ALTER TABLE dbo….
- Select the tables you want to DROP.
- Select “Save to new query window”.
- Click on the Advanced button.
- Set Script DROP and CREATE to Script DROP.
- Set Script Foreign Keys to True.
- Click OK.
- Click Next -> Next -> Finish.
- View the script and then Execute.
How do you drop a foreign key?
Dropping foreign keys
- Expand the object tree until you see the Tables folder.
- Right-click the table you want to modify, and select Alter from the pop-up menu.
- On the Keys page, click Add.
- Select the foreign keys at right to drop.
Does DROP TABLE remove constraints?
DROP TABLE always removes any indexes, rules, triggers, and constraints that exist for the target table. However, to drop a table that is referenced by a view or a foreign-key constraint of another table, CASCADE must be specified.
How do I force drop a table in SQL Server?
SQL Server DROP TABLE
- First, specify the name of the table to be removed.
- Second, specify the name of the database in which the table was created and the name of the schema to which the table belongs. The database name is optional.
- Third, use IF EXISTS clause to remove the table only if it exists.
How do I force drop a table in MySQL?
DROP TABLE MySQL Command Syntax. To remove a table in MySQL, use the DROP TABLE statement. The basic syntax of the command is as follows: DROP [TEMPORARY] TABLE [IF EXISTS] table_name [, table_name] [RESTRICT | CASCADE];
How do I force a drop in MySQL?
First, launch the MySQL workbench and log in to the MySQL Server. Second, right-click the database that you want to remove, for example, testdb2 and choose the Drop Schema… option. Third, MySQL Workbench displays a dialog to confirm the deletion.
How do I drop a not null constraint in SQL?
To remove a NOT NULL constraint for a column in SQL Server, you use the ALTER TABLE …. ALTER COLUMN command and restate the column definition.
How do I drop a table in SQL?
ALTER permission on the table’s schema
How to drop foreign key SQL?
– Script out the foreign keys that need to be dropped and added – Execute the scripts to drop the foreign keys – Perform the data load – Execute the scripts to add the foreign keys
How to delete a FOREIGN KEY constraint in SQL?
Step-1: Creating a database.
How to drop foreign key?
The syntax to drop a foreign key in SQL Server (Transact-SQL) is: ALTER TABLE table_name DROP CONSTRAINT fk_name; Parameters or Arguments table_name The name of the table where the foreign key has been created. fk_name The name of the foreign key that you wish to remove.