Can you do an if statement with 3 conditions?
If you have to write an IF statement with 3 outcomes, then you only need to use one nested IF function. The first IF statement will handle the first outcome, while the second one will return the second and the third possible outcomes. Note: If you have Office 365 installed, then you can also use the new IFS function.
How do I compare 3 cells in Excel?
How to compare if multiple cells are equal in Excel?
- Compare if multiple cells are equal with formulas.
- In a blank cell besides your data, please enter this formula: =AND(EXACT(A1:D1,A1)), (A1:D1 indicates the cells that you want to compare, and A1 is the first value in your data range)see screenshot:
How do I combine if and/or in Excel?
When you combine each one of them with an IF statement, they read like this:
- AND – =IF(AND(Something is True, Something else is True), Value if True, Value if False)
- OR – =IF(OR(Something is True, Something else is True), Value if True, Value if False)
- NOT – =IF(NOT(Something is True), Value if True, Value if False)
How do I compare 3 columns in Excel to find duplicates?
Finding and Highlight Duplicates in Multiple Columns in Excel
- Select the data.
- Go to Home –> Conditional Formatting –> Highlight Cell Rules –> Duplicate Values.
- In the Duplicate Values dialog box, select Duplicate in the drop down on the left, and specify the format in which you want to highlight the duplicate values.
How do you write an IF statement in Excel?
AND – =IF (AND (Something is True,Something else is True),Value if True,Value if False)
How do you write IF formulas in Excel?
Logical_test (required argument) – This is the condition to be tested and evaluated as either TRUE or FALSE.
What does if statement mean in Excel?
The Excel IF function will work if the logical_test returns a numeric value.
How to use excel if statement multiple conditions range?
First,select the cell F3