How do I set up AutoText in Word?
Creating AutoText Entries
- Highlight the text that you want to add as an entry, including paragraph marks.
- From the Word menu select Insert > AutoText > New (or use Alt+F3 as a shortcut).
- When the Create AutoText form appears, type the name that you want to use for the AutoText entry, and click OK.
Why does Word create a blank page?
If there is a table at the end of your document, Word will automatically insert a paragraph after it, often resulting in a blank page at the end. On the Indents and Spacing tab, change any spacing before or after the paragraph to 0. Change the Line spacing to 0.
How do I create a shortcut for text?
Inserting Text with a Shortcut Key
- Define your AutoText entry as you normally would.
- Choose Customize from the Tools menu.
- Click on the Keyboard button.
- Position the insertion point in the Press New Shortcut Key text box.
- Press the shortcut key you want to use.
- In the Categories list scroll down and select AutoText.
How do I assign a shortcut key in Word?
To assign a keyboard shortcut, keep pressing the TAB button, on the left of the keyboard till the cursor moves to the Press New Shortcut Key box. Click on the arrangement of keys which you wish to assign by hitting on CTRL and then the specific key that you would want to use.
How do I create an AutoCorrect shortcut in Word?
Follow these steps:
- Right-click on any toolbar and choose Customize from the resulting Context menu.
- In the Categories list, choose Tools.
- In the Commands list, choose AutoCorrect Options.
- Use the mouse to click and drag the AutoCorrect Options command from the list to where you want it on a toolbar.
How do you insert a blank cover page in Word?
Insert a blank cover page Click where you want to insert a new page in a document. The page you insert will appear before your cursor location. On the INSERT tab, in the Pages group, click Blank Page. Type your text, such as the title and the author, and modify the page as you want.
How do I create a shortcut for text in Windows 10?
How to Create Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10
- Type “explorer shell:AppsFolder” (without quotes) at the command prompt and hit Enter.
- Right click on an app and select Create shortcut.
- Right click on the new shortcut icon and select Properties.
- Enter a key combination in the Shortcut key field.
- Navigate to the icon or tile for the app you want.
Why is a page not deleting in Word?
Here is how: At the top of the Ribbon, simply click the ¶ button or use the keyboard shortcut: Ctrl + Shift + 8. If your blank page is in the middle of the document, it may be due to a manual page break. With paragraph marks turned on, you will be able to see the page break. Select it and delete it.