How do I sort table of contents?
If you have used Heading styles in your document, creating an automatic table of contents is easy.
- Place your cursor where you want your table of contents to be.
- On the References Ribbon, in the Table of Contents Group, click on the arrow next to the Table of Contents icon, and select Custom Table of Contents.
How do you sort a table in ascending order?
Sort the table
- Select a cell within the data.
- Select Home > Sort & Filter. Or, select Data > Sort.
- Select an option: Sort A to Z – sorts the selected column in an ascending order. Sort Z to A – sorts the selected column in a descending order.
How do you alphabetize names?
a. alphabetize names by comparing the first unit letter by letter. If the first letters are the same, file in terms of the second letter, and so on. Names of individuals are filed as follows: last name, first name or initial, middle name or initial.
How do you cite a bulleted list in APA?
Bulleted or numbered lists taken directly from a source can function as block quotes, which don’t need quotation marks around the text. In the paragraph text before the list, introduce the source with a signal phrase, using verbs such as “stated” or “declared.” Then include a citation after the last list item.
How do I alphabetize in Excel?
To alphabetize in Excel using Sort, select the data, go to the Data Ribbon, click Sort, then select the column you want to alphabetize by. Select the data you want to alphabetize with your cursor. You can select just one column, or multiple columns if you want to include other information.
Who invented bullet points?
Ball invented the bullet point. Bullet points or non-specific cues have been available to designers and printers for centuries. They are often seen in the work of Modernist designers of the 1920s and 1930s and the glyphs used have been in printers typefaces since at least the 19th century.
How do I make a table online?
You can make a table in 5 easy steps:
- Join Infogram to make a table.
- Select the chart type ‘table’.
- Upload or copy and paste your data.
- Customize the table layout and style (add icons, or change fonts and colors).
- Download your table or embed it on your website.
How do you cite a list of bullet points?
In your text before the list, introduce the source with a signal phrase. Make the list single-spaced. If you change or add words, [do so in brackets]. Then include a citation after the last list item; if the list ends with a period, place your citation after that period.