How do you indent in APA?
Paragraph indentation Indent the first line of each paragraph of text 0.5 in. from the left margin. Use the tab key or the automatic paragraph-formatting function of your word-processing program to achieve the indentation (the default setting is likely already 0.5 in.). Do not use the space bar to create indentation.
How do you add a tab on Google Docs app?
4 Answers. In the Google Drive app, within a Google document, there are two indentation keys in the top status bar. You’ll need to scroll right to get to them. The right one works just like Tab, and the other is for Shift+Tab.
How do you indent without moving the whole paragraph in Google Docs?
How to Create a Hanging Indent in Google Docs
- First, select the text you want to indent. You can highlight one or multiple paragraphs.
- Now, drag the First Line Indent marker (the light blue rectangle) back to the left margin.
- And there you go! Your hanging indent is created.
How do you indent footnotes in Google Docs?
To insert footnotes in the paper, click the “Insert” drop-down menu, and select “Footnote.” In the footnote, press backspace to remove the space between the superscripted number and the insertion point, then click the tab key once to add a first-line indent (see Figure 4).
How do you indent references in word apa?
It’s easier done than said (works for Word on PC or MAC):
- Place your cursor at the beginning of your citation, and highlight it.
- Right click your mouse.
- Select Paragraph from the resulting pop up menu.
- Under Indentation, use the Special pull-down menu to select hanging.
- Use the By menu to select 0.5″
How do you indent a paragraph on Google Docs on IPAD?
- Open a document in the Google Docs app.
- Tap Edit .
- Tap the part of the screen where you want to add the list.
- At the top, tap Format .
- Tap Paragraph.
- Tap a list type: Numbered list. Bulleted list.
- To change the list style, tap the Right arrow .
- Optional: To indent, at the bottom, tap: Increase indent.
How do you indent on Android?
- Tap ‘A’ Icon from the Home menu.
- Scroll until you see Indention and Paragraph options.
- To increase paragraph Indention, tap Increase Indent. This pushes the paragraph to right.
- To decrease Indention or to move left, tap Decrease Indent.
How do you indent the second line of a citation in Google Docs on IPAD?
Within the app you can create a work around hanging indent:
- Add your citation.
- Highlight your citation.
- Tap the A in the top right corner of the app.
- Text options come up automatically, but you’ll need to tap Paragraph.
- Under line spacing tap the up arrow by 1.5 (the default) once to read 2, making it double spaced.
How do you indent a paragraph on Google Docs?
How to format a paragraph with a first line indent in Google Docs
- Select a paragraph or paragraphs to format as a first line indent.
- From the menus, choose Format | Align & Indent | Indentation Options | then, from the Special Indent drop-down, choose First Line.