What can you smell outside?
6 favourite scents of summer
- Freshly cut grass. What else could be at the top spot?
- Suntan lotion. The smell of suntan lotion transports us to a sun-drenched beach quicker than a Boeing 747 ever could.
- The sea.
- Fresh air.
- A sizzling barbecue.
- Clean sheets billowing in the breeze.
What is the conclusion of Kerala flood?
Answer. kerala flood is a very serious and dangerous disaster which in last concluded many effects and harmed to the scenic beauty of kerala and destroyed many agricultural crops. this also harmed many lives and many lives were also lost during it.
Can you drink water from a waterfall?
Waterfall water is not safe to drink because it is often contaminated with pollutants including harmful parasites or bacteria that enter the water from upstream. Unless you are positive the waterfall is spring-fed, it’s best to err on the side of caution and purify the water by boiling or some other means.
What is conclusion of flood?
Climate change is expected to affect flooding through changes in rainfall, temperature, sea level and river processes. Climate change may change flood risk management priorities and may even increase the risk from flooding to unacceptable levels in some places. …
What things we use in winter season?
26 Things That Make Winter The Best Season of All
- Snow Angels. Image via Saskia Heijltjes/Flickr.
- Cozy Fires. Image via george.bremer/Flickr.
- Warm Socks. Image via smysnbrg/Flickr.
- Hot Cocoa. Image via Gail/Flickr.
- Holiday Lights. Image via kissarissa/Flickr.
- Sledding. Image via Markus Spiering/Flickr.
- Winter Brews. Image via Steven Guzzardi/Flickr.
- Christmas Carols.
What are the advantages of river straightening?
Straightening the river speeds up the water, so high volumes can pass through an area quickly, therefore reducing the chances of a flood. Dredging makes the river deeper so it can hold more water.
What words describe the ocean?
Here are some adjectives for ocean: shallow turquoise, little but smooth, vast and furious, legendary dehydrated, massive shallow, endless choppy, wide, alien, tempestuous and variable, turbulent and foggy, hungry and relentless, entire warm, gray nighttime, majestic, everlasting, supernatural red, white and …
Why winter season is best?
2. Yes, There Are Plenty of Things to Do Outside. While some people complain about being stuck inside for more than three months during Winter, there are actually so many fun activities to do outside. From ice skating to skiing to hiking to bonfires, making the most of the snow and cold is so much fun!26
What are winter smells?
Winter mostly smells like smoky coldness. When it gets cold enough, when the wind stings your eyes when you go outside, the air takes on a smoky quality, even if there are no wood stoves anywhere near you.
How does Channel straightening prevent flooding?
Straightening involves changing the course of the river. This involves straightening the channel by cutting out meanders. Straightening allows water to flow along the course of the river more quickly. This reduces the risk of flooding.
What do you call the sound of a waterfall?
To burble is to move with a rippling flow, the way water bubbles down the side of a small garden waterfall. The verb burble captures both the movement of the water and the sound it makes as it moves. You could also say that a brook or stream or river babbles or ripples or even trickles.
What are the major causes of floods?
Causes of Floods
- Massive Rainfall. Drainage systems and the effective infrastructure design aid during heavy rains.
- Overflowing of the Rivers. The people living along the river always have a risk of life from the overflowing of the Rivers.
- Collapsed Dams.
- Climate change.
- Emission of Greenhouse Gases.
- Other Factors.
What are the benefits of channel straightening?
Channel straightening – Removing meanders from a river to make the river straighter. Straightening the river (also called channelising) allows it to carry more water quickly downstream, so it doesn’t build up and is less likely to flood.
What can you smell at a waterfall?
You can smell the dirt, fresh water and leaves – all the vegetation. Sometimes it can taste of dirt. You can smell saltyish smells and you can smell a lot of nectar. You can feel prickly bushes and icy-cold water.9
What are the advantages of embankments?
Benefits of set-back embankments
- Limitation of flooding to a known area of land.
- Reduced risk of flooding elsewhere.
- Relatively low cost of construction and maintenance.
- Durability of floodbanks compared to frequent in-stream engineering work.
What are the advantages of flood warnings?
Flood warning systems can provide a reduction in direct losses through:
- the timely operation of flood control structures (e.g. gates, temporary flood defences) preventing inundation of property and land;
- Pre-event maintenance operations to ensure free channel conveyance;
How can we prevent the floods?
10 measures to prevent (urban) flooding
- Create a ‘sponge city’
- Green roofs/rooftop gardens.
- Create flood plains and overflow areas for rivers.
- Separating rainwater from the sewer system.
- Install water infiltration and attenuation systems.
- Keep the sewer system clean, so it can do its job.
- Sustainable drainage: permeable pavement, sidewalks and gardens.
What can you touch in nature?
Did you know that nature can touch all our senses: sound, smell, sight, touch, and taste? During these times when we can’t visit our favourite natural spaces, bringing pieces of nature home can help us experience some of its benefits. So few things in the world stimulate our minds and bodies like nature does.8
What can you smell on a winter walk?
We could hear birds singing sweetly in the trees and the crunch of snow under our feet. We could smell the fresh cold air.2
What are some good things about winter?
13 Reasons Why Winter is Wonderful
- Let it snow. Snow is just SO beautiful: it covers everything like a fluffy white blanket and makes for a picturesque panorama.
- Hit the slopes. I love skiing!
- Layer away.
- Eat all the Comfort food.
- Forget dieting.
- Don’t worry about shaving.
- Relax in Hot Tubs and Saunas.
- Make the most of the Shorter Days.
What is a flood relief channel?
Relief channels allow flood water to by-pass land which needs to be protected in times of flood. They are environmentally favoured because the original watercourse is left relatively intact, while the relief channel creates new habitats.
Why winter season is important?
Winter is good for the world around us. Many plants need shorter days and low temperatures to become dormant. People sleep better in the winter, as well, because as people go to sleep, their body temperature lowers. While in the summer this can take up to two hours, it takes much less time in the winter.1
What is the purpose of waterfalls?
Waterfalls also help in turning waste that runs in the water into nutrients which help plants to grow. This is possible because as they pass over the rocks before flowing into the rivers and lakes, it enables bacterial growth which helps in the decomposition of the wastes.
What are the disadvantages of channel straightening?
- Flooding may happen downstream of the straightened channel instead as water is carried there faster.
- Theres more erosion downstream because the waters flowing faster.
Why is it important to manage rivers?
Rivers carry water and nutrients to areas all around the earth. They play a very important part in the water cycle, acting as drainage channels for surface water. Rivers drain nearly 75% of the earth’s land surface. Rivers provide excellent habitat and food for many of the earth’s organisms.
What are the advantages of flood relief channels?
Advantages: They take the pressure off the main channels when floods are likely therefore reduce flood risk. Disadvantages: It can be hard find land to build relief channels, they are expensive and when empty can become areas to dump rubbish, etc.