What does it mean to align yourself with someone?
align oneself with someone or something Fig. to bring oneself into agreement with someone or someone’s ideas; to associate oneself with someone or someone’s cause. She sought to align herself with the older members. See also: align.
What does alignment mean?
1 : the act of aligning or state of being aligned especially : the proper positioning or state of adjustment of parts (as of a mechanical or electronic device) in relation to each other. 2a : a forming in line.
What is the difference between alignment and indentation?
Change paragraph alignment The alignment property of a paragraph determines how the paragraph is positioned between the left and right indents, not between the edges of the text column. To use an indent value, display the Basic properties of the Paragraph Designer.
How do you indent on a Mac?
Indent the first line in a paragraph
- In the ruler, drag the first line indent marker (the orange rectangle) to set a new indent.
- In the Format sidebar, click the Layout button near the top, click the disclosure arrow next to Indents, then click the arrows next to First.
How do you indent the second line in Google Slides?
Here’s what to do:
- In your Google Slides presentation, insert your cursor at the beginning of the line you want to indent.
- On the keyboard, press the Return (or Enter) and Shift keys at the same time.
- Click the Tab key to indent the line by one tab.
How do you fix a hanging indent in Word?
Hanging Indents Using Paragraph Options
- Select the text you want formatted with a hanging indent.
- Under the Home tab, look for the Paragraph options.
- Click the small arrow icon in the lower right corner to see more options.
- Under the Indents and Spacing tab, select Hanging. Click OK.
How do I remove the left indent in Word?
Remove or clear a hanging indent
- Select the text where you want to remove a hanging indent.
- Go to Home > Paragraph dialog launcher. > Indents and Spacing.
- Under Special, select None.
- Select OK.
What is meant by indentation What are the different types of indents available?
The “space” between the “text” and “left or right margin” within a document is called as “Indentation”. There are “four types” of indents available in MS word: Left indent: indicates space between the “paragraph” and the “left margin”. 2. Right indent: indicates space between the “paragraph” and the “right margin”.
How do you customize bullet points in Google Docs?
Custom Bullets in Google Docs
- Open a Google Docs file or create a new one.
- Type a list of items. Press ENTER after each item.
- Select the list.
- Click Bulleted list.
- Keep the list selected. From the Format menu, select Bullets & numbering.
- Click List options. Click More bullets.
- Click on a symbol to add it as a bullet. Click Close (X).