Why do we resist change in the workplace?
Job Loss. Job loss is a major reason that employees resist change in the workplace. In any business, there are constantly going to be things moving and changing, whether it is due to the need for more efficiency, better turnaround times, or the need for the employees to work smarter.
Why do companies change?
Change in an organization leads to many positive aspects – that lead to retaining a competitive edge and also remaining relevant in your business area. Change encourages innovation, develops skills, develops staff and leads to better business opportunities and improves staff morale.
How do you describe change?
Here are some adjectives for change both: progressive, noticeable, considerable, perpetual, total, radical, complete, sudden, important, entire.
What do you want to change in your life?
Here they are:
- Change your priorities. This is important if you want to live a balanced, fulfilling life.
- Change your self-talk. Your self-talk has significant influence in your life.
- Change your motivation.
- Change your habits.
- Change your friends.
- Change your commitments.
- Change your inputs.
- Change your methods.
Why do we struggle to change?
Because of our drive for constancy and our attachment to habits, humans have a psychological response to change. When faced with change, we can have a range of feelings from hope and excitement to anxiety and anger, sometimes all at once. Think about something positive you experienced, like a great promotion.
What can you say about change?
Quotes About Change
- “The measure of intelligence is the ability to change” -Albert Einstein.
- “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude” -Oprah Winfrey.
- “Every day the clock resets.
- “Don’t let rejection create self-doubt.