Why is my macOS not installing?
Some of the most common reasons macOS can’t complete the installation include: The path /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall. mpkg appears to be missing or damaged. Not enough free storage on your Mac.
What do you do when Mac OS X installation Cannot be completed?
Boot in Recovery mode Start your Mac while holding down Command-R. When it boots, choose Disk Utility from macOS Utilities. Select First Aid and confirm you want to run it. Disk Utility will scan your disk for problems and fix them.
How do I do a clean install of Mac OS X Snow Leopard?
What to Know
- Insert the Snow Leopard install DVD. Double-click Install OS X > Utilities.
- After reboot: Select language and Utilities. In the Apple menu bar, select Utilities > Disk Utilities > Format.
- Follow the Snow Leopard basic install instructions to complete the installation.
How do I reinstall OSX without Internet?
Installing a fresh copy of macOS via Recovery Mode
- Restart your Mac while holding down the ‘Command+R’ buttons.
- Release these buttons as soon as you see the Apple logo. Your Mac should now boot into Recovery Mode.
- Select ‘Reinstall macOS,’ and then click ‘Continue. ‘
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID.
How do I upgrade my Mac in recovery mode?
How to install an older version of macOS using Recovery mode
- Command + R Will install the latest version installed on your Mac – won’t upgrade you to the latest version.
- Option/Alt + Command + R Will upgrade you to the latest macOS compatible with your Mac.
How to install snow leopard from USB?
Power down the Mac and reboot while holding the Option key
How to install snow leopard on any PC?
Install Snow Leopard on your PC from USB memory, rather than from the installation DVD, this is due to the need to customize some things to run the installer on your PC, which we will customize the how to load this setup, more specifically we will load a custom bootloader.
How to upgrade snow leopard to OS X Mavericks?
Make sure your computer is compatible with OS X Mavericks.
Do I need leopard to install snow leopard?
When it comes to upgrading to Snow Leopard, you’ve basically got two options: upgrade Leopard or wipe the old OS and start fresh. Upgrade: This is the easiest option — simply upgrade. Install Snow Leopard right on top of your existing Leopard install.